[PD] Does libpd know how many adc~ / dac~ channels are in use?

Giulio Moro giuliomoro at yahoo.it
Tue Nov 1 03:29:27 CET 2016

On our system we need to "prepare" (de-interleave/resample) the input/output channels that are passed to libpd.The user may not be using all the I/Os available in their patch.Is there a way to get from libpd the number of adc~/dac~ channels actually in use by the current Pd patch?
This way we could save some CPU and memory for those channels that are not in use in the currently loaded patch.
Thanks,Giulio