[PD] Deken library management. Was: [pdconv16_r] Topics: Deken/Core Objects/Website/Community Involvement

Derek Kwan derek.x.kwan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 11:21:16 CET 2016

> On 2016-10-31 13:11, Derek Kwan wrote:
> > Thus, I'd propose: a list of keywords for the library (including object
> > class names), version number, category (if applicable), author, and a
> > short description.
>
> oh, you mean something like the "-objects.txt" file that you can upload
> alongside your deken package?
> https://github.com/pure-data/deken/issues/133
>
> fgamsdr
> IOhannes

Yeah, something like that =). But also more info about the external
library as a whole (description, etc.) that's also viewable within the
plugin itself. I can search for something and come up with a big list of
libraries, but as an end-user I can't be certain what I've actually
found with libraryx-v0.2.0 and there isn't info that tells me why I
should download libraryx over libraryz that's also in the same list of
results and I can't see the -objects.txt from the plugin so I can't tell
how closely libraryx fits what I actually am looking for (although this
might be mitigated with a library description so I wouldn't actually
need to see the whole -objects.txt within the plugin window or some sort
of popup).

--
Derek Kwan
www.derekxkwan.com