[PD] C.H.I.P. & Pd Vanilla 0.47

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 2 22:21:18 CET 2016

On 11/02/2016 09:57 PM, Richie Cyngler wrote:
> I've had the same issue on RPi. I'm no backend Linux guy either but it
> seems problematic for Pd's available current version to be tied to an OS
> release.

why is this problematic?

the entire point of a distribution (which is a more accurate term than
"OS"), is to ensure that all the components play together *nicely*.
this works suprisingly well, given that Debian/stable (the one with
Pd-0.46) has about 57000 software packages, that *all* play together nicely.

> Is there some way around this?

it occurs to me, that i have posted one a number of times.

anyhow, I'm planning to provide backports once Debian/stretch has been
released.

fgmrdsa
IOhannes