[PD] Block staggering

Giulio Moro giuliomoro at yahoo.it
Mon Nov 7 18:29:28 CET 2016

you may want to have a look at these recent discussions on this list:https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2016-10/116830.html
https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2016-09/116315.html

Giulio

      From: Matt Barber <brbrofsvl at gmail.com>
 To: PD-List <pd-list at iem.at>
 Sent: Monday, 7 November 2016, 16:52
 Subject: [PD] Block staggering

Hi list,
This must've come up before, but I can't find it on search.
Is there a reliable way to stagger large block computation so that the load is spread across ticks rather than spiking? Does it matter? I'm thinking of this classic configuration, where each block is calculated right before the X:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX X X X X X X X X X X X X  X   X   X   X   X   X    X       X       X        X               X

Rather than: