[PD] [PdCon16] Performance Opportunity

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 09:43:00 CET 2016

Hi all, if you are participating in PdCon or if you are only attending and you’d like to have another performance opportunity consider joining Hans Tammen’s Dark Circuits PdCon16~ Orchestra. You can sign up here <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebmdNw6VtC-T3nvI8cPvMfVWNcrWDdmoxyvO9NOjFOyR06nw/viewform?c=0&w=1>.

More info below:

#Dark Circuits PdCon16~ Orchestra

Are you using Pd to perform and wondered how it’ll sound if you’d played in a massive orchestra of laptop or smartphone players? Then join us at PdCon16~ and celebrate Pd’s 20th anniversary with a performance of the Dark Circuits PdCon16~ Orchestra!

Using flashcards and hand signs, Hans Tammen creates large multi-movement pieces with large ensembles of players of electronic instruments for over a decade — whatever you play, join this workshop if you’re ready to show your skills within a large orchestra to create a massive piece of electronic music!

###What to bring:

- your instrument, whatever it is: on a laptop or smartphone, playing samples, doing synthesis or any other strategy you pursue to create sound - as long as it’s done in Pd, it’s in.
- a means to control your volume: whether it is a fader on your mixer or screen, or a volume pedal - I need to make sure that the sound is always transparent, and individual voices come through.
- a long audio cable from your rig: there will be tables, a mixer and a sound system, but we may not have enough cables to run audio from that many performers to the mixer.

###Location:

NYU FAS, 24 Waverly Place, Room 220.

###Timeline:

Please note in order to take part in this, to have to do the workshop AND the performance. This will be a fully rehearsed piece, and you can’t leave in between!

11:30am-13:30pm: I explain the graphic score, and we experiment with the instruments and sounds to find out what works best for the ensemble. Please be on time for the setup!

14:30pm: Public performance of Dark Circuits PdCon16~ Orchestra. Invite your friends, so they can brag later about it.

###Sign Up:

Link from previous instances: http://tammen.org/third-eye-dark-circuits-orchestra/ <http://tammen.org/third-eye-dark-circuits-orchestra/>