[PD] Camera control in GEM

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 16 19:51:34 CET 2016

On 11/16/2016 12:35 PM, Antonio Roberts wrote:
> Hi Pd/Gem users,
>
> I'm looking for an easy way to control the position of the GEM window.
> I want to be able to pan across, zoom in and out and rotate the view
> easily. Essentially have the same amount of control you already have
> in programs like Blender.
>

> Does anyone know of a patch or abstraction that allows for a high
> level of control of the window?

hmm, i don't think you actually want to control the window (though in
Gem-git, you have dynamic control over the window (at least with the
glut-backend [gemglutwindow]) by sending it [offset( and [dimen(
messages *after* the window has been created.

anyhow, you probably do want to have a look into
  examples/02.advanced/03.View.pd

gfmadsr
IOhannes