[PD] C.H.I.P. & Pd Vanilla 0.47

Peter Nyboer pnyboer at slambassador.com
Wed Nov 16 20:20:24 CET 2016

Thanks for all the input on the PureData and C.H.I.P. install!

The docs at http://docs.getchip.com/chip.html <http://docs.getchip.com/chip.html> had build instructions because, at the time of writing and after trying to find a definitive solution, that seemed to be the most reliable way to install PureData vanilla 0.46. The easy way of `sudo apt-get install puredata` installed a much older version of PD.

Besides, you gotta cut a dude a break - documenting PureData installation in the main documentation for this SOC was not exactly a mandate. Also, note that the documentation is a github repo, so if there’s anything that seems vital or incorrect, you can make a pull request at https://github.com/getchip/CHIP-Docs/ <https://github.com/getchip/CHIP-Docs/> and we can roll in the changes.

I’ve updated the docs and my ‘newchipsetup’ scripts https://github.com/nyboer/newchipsetup <https://github.com/nyboer/newchipsetup> to use the sources at https://packages.debian.org/stretch/puredata <https://packages.debian.org/stretch/puredata>, per Ioannes’s suggestion.

Best,

Peter