[PD] Aciles - the world's worst web server in Pd

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Fri Nov 18 11:51:14 CET 2016

Hello Billy,

Le 18/11/2016 à 11:19, Billy Stiltner a écrit :
> what about sequencing from javascript?
> javascript isn't good enough even for a 90 bpm sequencer sending note
> ons and offs monophonically

I don't think that the old clock sequencer design is a good idea for
realtime sequencing in a network in any language, particulary in
internet handshaking environment...

Client and server should communicate packets containing a whole musical
sentence for avoiding almost all lagging problems, and get an accurate
interpretation of tuplets.

That's why I've made once an abstraction called [list-tuplet] that is
interpreting a message converted to a sequence.
Since version 0.46, Miller has implemented an exemple illustrating what
I'm saying in list-help.pd.

Almost all interpreted languages should be able to handle this kind of
sequencing.