[PD] GUI breakage after update to Debian Stretch

Tobias Brodel brittlehaus at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 02:33:57 CET 2016

On 11/17/16 22:03, Thomas Mayer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tobias Brodel schrieb am 17.11.2016 10:10:
>> After updating my laptop to Debian Stretch recently I've found the UI
>> elements
>> of Pd to be broken:
>>      * number and message boxes have a different appearance
>>      * toggles and bangs both appear the same (an empty square) and neither
>>        gives any response upon clicking (bang doesn't black out, the toggle
>>        never receives an 'X')
>>      * the lines connecting objects are only visible at 90 or 180 degree
>> angles,
>>        anyhing diagonal disappears.
>>
>> Any ideas? Or should I file a bug with the Debian maintainers?
Hi Thomas,
> It looks like it is a duplicate of the bug, that I have filed, but unfortunately the maintainers were unable to reproduce:
Interesting, I'm guessing you haven't found a fix/workaround?

Would also be interested in hearing whether others on the list
have had this issue. I upgraded another system to Stretch yesterday
and couldn't reproduce, so maybe it's been fixed, don't quite
understand why it persists on this particular laptop.

Maybe we could compare hardware notes:
     * Lenovo Thinkpad L412
     * i5 processor
     * Sandy-Bridge Graphics