[PD] Zooming and fonts in 0.47.1

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Sat Nov 19 13:32:55 CET 2016

Hi list,

Wanting to give 0.47.1-2 a try I am getting a patch rendered in an
unexpected way, compared to 0.46-7

When I open a patch that was written in fontsize 8 by me, the font seems
squished together horizontally (see attached
rendering-fontsize8-pd47-1.png versus rendering-fontsize8-pd46-7.png)

In addition I was giving the new zoom feature a try, and this left me
wondering if it is intentional that there are only two zoom steps, one
small one big? (For the small zoom step see above images, for big see
attached rendering-fontsize8-zoomIn-pd47-1.png)

Then I gave the tidy-up feature a try and ended up with a garbled patch
(rendering-fontsize8-tidyUp-pd47-1.png).

Am I experiencing the normal inteded behavior of font rendering, zooming
and tidying up here, or is this a local problem on my box (Tcl/Tk 8.6)
that could possibly be solved by me?

Thank you for all ideas, and of course for writing/packaging Pd!
Peter