[PD] [delwrite~], or "what Pd operations are/should be realtime?"

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Nov 22 13:32:01 CET 2016

For clear, I can imagine having a second empty memory buffer being created
while delay continues to use the populated one until the memory allocation
is complete. At that point a simple change in the pointer should suffice,
after which the old buffer gets trashed. This would break determinacy, so
perhaps a separate argument could be used to enable this option in which
case the object could get another outlet that sends a bang when the
procedure is complete.

Best,

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.