[PD] Next PdCon?

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:14:49 CET 2016

Hi list,
Since we talked about this at the Convention, I asked a friend and
colleague who works at the American College of Greece in Athens whether it
would be possible to host the next Pd Convention there. He is very positive
about this, without this meaning it's certain.
What I would like to ask is when do you guys think it would be best to
organize this? 2017 or 2018?
I guess both years would work fine for us (my colleague and me), but maybe
a convention in one year would be a bit of an overkill.

FYI, the college can provide the necessary infrastructure (well, maybe
there's no room with eight or sixteen speakers, but there's at least a quad
PA and a studio, and rooms to host paper presentations and workshops - have
to check in more detail as to what is available there) for the most part.
Some other stuff (like concerts) can happen in various places in Athens.
The thing is that the college is in the northern suburbs of Athens, and
anything else will probably happen in the center.
I know that PdCon16~ was a bit scattered around NYC, and Athens is much
smaller than that, but transportation is not the best. Not really sure if
that's a problem though. I mean, if Athens is the only candidate for the
next convention, I wouldn't see this as a problem. If there are other
candidates, it might be something to consider (I'm pretty sure few places
would beat the weather we've got here though!).

Any advice on organizing a Pd Convention is very welcome. As I already
wrote, it's not certain that it will happen in Athens, but it's quite
possible.