[PD] Gem anti-aliasing

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:35:44 CET 2016

Dear list,

I am trying to render Gem without aliasing but am on an Intel laptop
card under Debian, where the card is listed by lspci as
 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

Sending different FSAA values to the gemwindow does not have any visible
effect. Can my card do anti-aliasing or is this reserved to nvidia
cards only?

How could I find out if a given card is capable? Would glxinfo be able
to tell me?

If not the following improvement would be nice:
Could gemwin post an error if the driver can not react to the FSAA
message rather than silently dropping it?

Thank you for any ideas or comments!
Peter