[PD] Continuous Integration for Externals

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Mon Nov 28 22:34:15 CET 2016

Hello,

after watching the talk and discussion from Katja about external
development, I have started setting up my extension PuREST JSON for CI
builds on travis-ci.org.

Linux amd64 and cross compilation for Windows with MXE is working, I
still have an error with compiling the 32 bit x86 version (see
http://stackoverflow.com/q/40824438/124983).

Obiously, I would like to set up a Mac build machine as well. What do I
need to install on a clean system via command line? Has anybody else
tried to do that before?

After I have figured out the builds, I will write a summary on how to
set it up correctly, and will try to build deken packages as well, and
upload those to a test environment before actually releasing it.

If anyone wants to work with the current state of affairs:

The builds are setup with a file called .travis.yml, that contains the
configuration variables and a list of build machines:

https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/blob/travis-ci/.travis.yml

I currently have two separate files for each environment,
*_before_install.sh and *_script.sh, the former is used to set up the
build environment and should in a way also function as documentation on
how to set up your local machine, while *_script builds the files.

https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/tree/travis-ci/travis-build

I hope to be able to finish that this year and write some documentation
about it as a Christmas / Chanukka gift to the community.

Thanks,
Thomas
--
"When one's home has a really excellent computer capable of reaching
other computers anywhere in the Galaxy, one scarcely needs to budge."