[PD] Continuous Integration for Externals

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 28 23:10:19 CET 2016

On 11/28/2016 10:34 PM, Thomas Mayer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after watching the talk and discussion from Katja about external
> development, I have started setting up my extension PuREST JSON for CI
> builds on travis-ci.org.
>
> Linux amd64 and cross compilation for Windows with MXE is working, I
> still have an error with compiling the 32 bit x86 version (see
> http://stackoverflow.com/q/40824438/124983).
>
> Obiously, I would like to set up a Mac build machine as well. What do I
> need to install on a clean system via command line? Has anybody else
> tried to do that before?

i'm using travis-ci (including OSX) to build
- puredata itself
- Gem
- iemguts
- iemnet
and a couple of others (including pd-iem which aggregates a number of
externals, not all from iem; but this is complicated)

https://travis-ci.org/pure-data/pure-data
https://travis-ci.org/umlaeute/Gem
https://travis-ci.org/iem-projects/pd-iemguts
https://travis-ci.org/umlaeute/pd-iemnet

(replace 'travis-ci.org' with 'github.com' for the actual repos, to see
how they are setup)