[PD] Continuous Integration for Externals

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 22:33:55 CET 2016

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 12:07 PM, katja <katjavetter at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> From https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/customizing-the-build/, I
> understand that Travis CI is also a community build farm (but
> obviously bigger and more professional than we could organize in Pd
> community):
>
> 'Please take into account that Travis CI is an open source service and
> we rely on worker boxes provided by the community. So please only
> specify as big a matrix as you actually need.'

[...]

Oops, 'community' has a different meaning here than I imagined...
Travis virtual machines run on Google Compute Engine:

https://blog.travis-ci.com/2015-11-27-moving-to-a-more-elastic-future

Probably paid by private / commercial Travis users ($129 / month).
Same business model as Github after all.

Katja