[PD] Continuous Integration for Externals

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Tue Nov 29 22:50:02 CET 2016

Hi,

On 29.11.2016 09:58, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 2016-11-29 02:54, Thomas Mayer wrote:
>> Should I use gcc or clang for compilation on OS X? Or both?
>
> i'd use $(CC).
>
> i see little merit in using a compiler that is actively being
> phased out in the ecosystem (that is: why would you want to use gcc
> on OSX these days?)
>
> however, some of my CI-builds use clang AND gcc on linux, mainly
> to check for as many build problems as possible (which is my main
> motivation for using CI - as opposed to produce distributable
> artifacts)

Capturing build problems is also one of my motivations, but getting
distributable artifacts is another one.

I would like to add real unit tests to the setup, but currently my
python scripts for starting pd are not working consistently, and to be
honest, I have no idea how to test the Windows builds on a Linux machine.

Thanks,
Thomas
--
"In an era when everything can be surveiled, all we have left is
politeness."