[PD] Gem anti-aliasing

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Wed Nov 30 15:45:00 CET 2016

Le 28/11/2016 à 15:35, Peter P. a écrit :
> Dear list,
>
> I am trying to render Gem without aliasing but am on an Intel laptop
> card under Debian, where the card is listed by lspci as
>  VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
>
> Sending different FSAA values to the gemwindow does not have any visible
> effect. Can my card do anti-aliasing or is this reserved to nvidia
> cards only?
current Gem implementation of anti-aliasing under linux is nvidia only.

> How could I find out if a given card is capable? Would glxinfo be able
> to tell me?
>
> If not the following improvement would be nice:
> Could gemwin post an error if the driver can not react to the FSAA
> message rather than silently dropping it?

current implementation consist of setting an environment variable.
Gem did not know if the hardware will use it or not.

I think there are certainly better way to do full scene anti-aliasing, like using the ARB_multisample extension.
but it need to be implemented.

https://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/ARB/multisample.txt

cheers