[PD] bang issue

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Dec 2 00:45:12 CET 2016

On 12/01/2016 08:09 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> so, everytime I create a bang~ and conect it somewhere, it won't work right
> away, I have to reinstantiate the object - it also starts working if i just
> save the patch! Anybody ele?

please provide step-by-step instructions to repeat the problem.
[bang~] won't output anything if DSP is not turned on (and your problem
doesn't mention that at all).

apart from that: this seems to be one of the problems caused by
DSP-objects (those that have a perform-routine to be called every
DSP-tick) without any signal I/O: they don't trigger a re-evaluation of
the DSP-graph, which results in them not being added to the DSP-processing.
turning on DSP after the object has been created should make it work.
or create another signal-object after [block~].

fgmads
IOhannes