[PD] Purr Data rc2

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 16:33:20 CET 2016

> Hi, here is a small report:

> - is it possible to disable localization? I'm a portuguese living in germany, but for me Pd is an english program.
Sure.  How do your other programs handle this?  What do they default to, and how
do you change them?

> - midi settings still aren't chosen automatically (such as audio is), and don't stick when restarting the program. They do work once set, though.
Thought I fixed that.  Let me check again.

> - in that other patch with the thousands of scalars the display seems to be ok. Only [drawnumber] and [drawsymbol] look stretched as before.
Right.  Fixes for those might need to wait until after the first release.  There's a
bigger change I'll be making which will fix this.  However, if you really need them
right away let me know.

> - small detail, in your mail the links don't work as such, I have to copy-paste them into the browser (opera mail)
Hm, not sure about that one.

> - my click tracker patch still has the same issues with the GOP elements.
What's wrong with them?

> One general question: since purr-data doesn't have the same path as pd-ext,
what do you advise to load objects from libraries in /ext? [declare]?
Unless you were using absolute paths you should be able to do the same as
with Pd-extended before.  A bunch of paths are loaded by default at startup.

> I can't do further tests now, I can try to fish the previous mails and see if the same issues are better. Unless you want me to test something specific.
It would definitely be helpful to see if previous bugs got fixed.

Thanks,Jonathan

> Best,
> Joao

Purr Data release candidate 2!

* added delread4~ alias for vd~
* loaded Gem dependencies properly under Windows
* added help menu item for list of internal classes
* various help patch cleanups and fixes
* changed zoom/fit keyboard shortcuts so they work on all platforms
* localized the canvas right-click menu
* small fixes to prefs menu and edit menu
* fixed bug with color updates for iemguis
* zoom correctly on OSX 10.8

please report lots of bugs to
https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/issues

Binaries: