[PD] pdvst - update

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 06:17:08 CET 2016

Hi Jean-Yves,

Amazing!

Totally cool, I liked everything, especially this new thing of using an already existing Pd (>= 0.47.1)

"Midi-out" is working fine, I could send [noteout] and [ctlout] both generated inside Pdvst. I think I couldn't with past releases (1), and I think this is not so obvious as most VST-i plugins don't generate or transform MIDI, they just pass what they receive. On Ableton Live I had to select the name of the Pdvst channel on the 1st menu for "MIDI From" and most important the 2nd menu, which has "pre fx, post fx, and the name of the blah.dll, this being the one that has to be selected to get what's generated/transformed by Pdvst`s Midi-out objects.

Attached image which describes the Midi-out thing.

Also tested that multi-instance of the same plugin works Ok, no cross-talks on Audio or MIDI or rvstparameter.

Tested on Win 8.1, Ableton Live 7.0.3, & Pd 0.47.1

I tested the "old way" but surely it also work with the new one, this new "PDPATH =" surely is the way if you use multiple hosts but I use only one.

Thanx!

Salutti,
Lucarda.

(1) Not using Pd`s MIDI settings, a cable or a virtual midi-cable.