[PD] Getting pointer coords in patcher windows

Derek Kwan derek.x.kwan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 06:34:06 CET 2016

> On 12/09/2016 06:24 AM, Derek Kwan wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > external object class was instantiated. The latter sounds trickier and I
> > haven't got there yet, but for the former I'm trying [winfo pointerx
> > $::focused_window]
>
> check out iemgut's [canvasreceive].
> check out the pdtk_canvas_motion{} func, which does all the messaging of
> mouse-pointer coords from gui to core.
>
> gfmasrd
> IOhannes

Thanks! I'm looking over [canvasreceive]'s code right now. I'm curious,
what's the point of the clock member of the proxy? I notice that
basically its only job is to call the proxy's free method when the
clock's delay gets set to 0 via the parent's free method. Are there
issues with freeing the proxy directly with the parent's free method?

Derek

--
Derek Kwan
www.derekxkwan.com