[PD] Call for a Mac OS X tester Re: Continuous Integration for Externals

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Tue Dec 13 18:25:04 CET 2016

Hello,

I have played around with CI builds and have even found a general solution for including dependencies on OS X.

What I do not know, is whether all dependencies from Homebrew etc. are only installed in /usr/local/lib/ or if they also install libraries to /usr/lib/.

So, I would need someone to test PuREST JSON on Mac OS X, preferable without a development machine.

Download these two zips:
https://ssl-account.com/cloud.residuum.org/index.php/s/380C60JAabnO7jk/download?path=%2F&files=143_2016-12-13_purest_json-v1.4.1-(Darwin-x86_64-64)-externals.tar.gz
https://ssl-account.com/cloud.residuum.org/index.php/s/380C60JAabnO7jk/download?path=%2F&files=141_2016-12-13_purest_json-v1.4.1-(Darwin-x86_64-64)-externals.tar.gz

unpack those into your external path and test the help patches.

Does the first one work? Then only /usr/local/ files are needed.
Does the first one not work, but the second one? Then I will need another solution to filter out pre-installed dylibs
Does neither work? Back to the drawing board, and another solution is needed.

If anyone is interested in the script: This is done with otool -L and bash:
https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/blob/master/osx_dependencies.sh

The latest build also contain a manual that is directly rendered Markdown from the Github wiki. This is quite easy to do:
https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/blob/master/create-manual.py

Thanks,
Thomas