[PD] USB foot switch

Gilberto Agostinho gilbertohasnofb at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 17 16:39:49 CET 2016

Hello everyone,

I recently composed a piece for accordion and live electronics which
will be performed by a friend of mine who lives in a different country
than me, and so has to manage all the logistics of the performance on
his own. This piece requires the use of a foot switch to activate events
in the Pure Data patch I wrote. I recommended my friend to get a USB
foot switch so that we can use the [hid] object to make it activate the
events in the patch. The problem is that the online stores selling these
USB foot switches he found do not mention anything about them being OS X
compatible, but one store does clearly categorize the device as a HID.
Here is the kind of pedal he is considering to get:
http://www.hesta.com.pl/sklep/img/p/43-150-thickbox.jpg

I am myself a Linux user and don't know a thing about peripherals in OS
X, so would anyone have any advice concerning this situation? Would any
of these generic USB HID devices work fine or should we better try
getting something else?

Thanks a lot! Cheers,
Gilberto