[PD] array quantile problem

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Fri Dec 23 21:55:10 CET 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to use the [array quantile] object, but it is not doing what I understand from the documentation.
the help file specify that the 0.5 quantile is the median.
I'm using the wikipedia definition of the median :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median

So the list (0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7 0.8 0.9) admit 0.5 as median.

[array quantile] return 6.

In attachment, a patch that demonstrate this behaviours, and other list that return value that I did not expect.

I'm using pd 47.1.
Did I made something wrong, or is that just a bug in [array quantile]?

cheers