[PD] Purr Data rc2

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 12:34:11 CET 2016

This wasn't replied yet as well:

> > - is it possible to disable localization? I'm a portuguese living in
> germany, but for me Pd is an english program.
>
> Sure.  How do your other programs handle this?  What do they default to,
> and how
> do you change them?

I don't know. Usually they default to the system language, and there's a
setting somewhere that allows to change the language.

> > - in that other patch with the thousands of scalars the display seems to
> be ok. Only [drawnumber] and [drawsymbol] look stretched as before.
>
> Right.  Fixes for those might need to wait until after the first release.
> There's a
> bigger change I'll be making which will fix this.  However, if you really
> need them
> right away let me know.
>
> > - small detail, in your mail the links don't work as such, I have to
> copy-paste them into the browser (opera mail)
>
> Hm, not sure about that one.

I am :) Also, when seeing it in the pd-lists web archive, the links are
broken at the spaces (need to copy-paste the whole thing and remove the
spaces)

> > - my click tracker patch still has the same issues with the GOP elements.

It's better if you install it and try it out. I had explained before, it's
related to the behaviour when interacting with the scalars in the gop -
preset for audio and language.
http://j.mp/clicktracker15
Or, have a look at the help of [jmmmp/jp.menu], the problem is there.

Also regarding interaction with scalars on gop, have a look at
[jmmmp/bezier]. The drawing of elements is very slow - with both click-drag
or sending the values directly.

Regarding gop size, are the minimum limits? In [jmmmp/butt] the frame is
wider than in pd-ext.

> What's wrong with them?
>
> > One general question: since purr-data doesn't have the same path as
> pd-ext,
> what do you advise to load objects from libraries in /ext? [declare]?
>
> Unless you were using absolute paths you should be able to do the same as
> with Pd-extended before.  A bunch of paths are loaded by default at
> startup.

Related to this, is it possible to know which informations are saved into
the windows registry?

The help browser still doesn't work very well - I only get results from
vanilla, not from any other extended object (tried objects from several
libraries).

Best,

Joao