[PD] Purr Data rc4

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 14:58:27 CET 2016

I did some patching, here are more details:

- backspace key isn't working yet. For now, elements can only be deleted
using the del key. (both work when editing text)

- regarding creating new objects connected to the selected object:
  - is it possible to define the distance from the selected object?
  - would it make sense to make a different shortcut to create an
unconnected object (if connected is the standard), or vice-versa?
  - add a shortcut to add an element before (instead of after) the current
element?

- since it's so easy to change the shape of gui objects, would an option
"restore defaults" make sense?

- I tried a patch with 2 [line]s, each connected to a gatom, and while the
numbers were changing, it used a whole cpu for that. Can this be made a bit
more efficient? This seems to happen for both gatoms inside and outside
gops.
Strangely (or not), the cpu only jumped when [line] sends different
numbers. When the values stay (even if line is outputting), the cpu doesn't
change.
Also: I then connected a bang to the line output, which obviously was
active when the line was sending something. But this didn't change anything
in the cpu activity - that means, the problem is just with the gatoms.

- it would be cool if it would be possible to drag already connected cables
- e.g. from outlet1 to outlet2 - or even in groups.

- when selecting a gop object, all handles of internal objects are also
visible (more red squares). Just to inform, I won't judge if this it
"correct" or not.

- if the window is thighter than the menu, the menu won't break and
continue to display in a new line. That is, it will be incomplete.

- window sliders seem to work well. there's a small artifact when the
canvas dimensions are close to the limits (the sliders appear and
disappear), but it's fine.