[PD] Latest PD on Ubuntu

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 2 09:38:47 CET 2017

On 12/29/2016 12:07 PM, Hrvoje Radnic via Pd-list wrote:
> I am sorry for the beginner's question, but I can't figure out how to install the latest version of PD (0.47-1) to the latest Ubuntu (16.04. LTS) release.

i thought the latest ubuntu (as of now) is 16.10 (Yakkety Yak).

> I must say that I am complete beginner in that OS.

well, the version that comes with xenial is not that old (0.46-7).
if you really need 0.47-1, then i've posted instructions on how to
compile a proper package numerous times on this list.
e.g. here
 https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2016-04/114301.html

of course you need to adjust the actual dsc-URL used by "dget" , e.g.
using the one found on
 http://packages.ubuntu.com/yakkety/puredata

gfmasf
IOhannes