[PD] loadbang behavior

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 16:50:47 CET 2017

Hello,

Happy new year pd-list !

With pd-0.46-7, loadbang method was called only once when patcher loads.
Now with 0.47-1, loadbang method are now called twice.
Why loadbang method is called twice ?

As far as I understand, loadbang method could be called not only on patcher
load (LB_LOAD), but also when closing an abstraction (LB_CLOSE) and before
the object is connected to parent patcher (LB_INIT).

Many externals uses this loadbang method to initiate their state.
This new behavior trig a lots of "wrong argument for loadbang method" error
in pd console.

Is it a good practice to rely on loadbang call to initiate objects ? or
should we avoid it and use [loadbang] object and/or make initialisation in
object_new method ?
--
do it yourself
http://antoine.villeret.free.fr