[PD] Send/Receive topology design

Jérôme Abel abel.jerome at free.fr
Thu Jan 5 11:18:23 CET 2017

> what are "synchro issues"?

Latency between messages.

> the former is easier to patch. the latter will perform slightly better.

That's the point.

> still end up using [s]/[r]

I preferred use send/receive objects to visually encapsulate functionnalities/objects (see parent/child classes), naming them to be more clear when sending messages, and avoid to connect/disconnect cords ...

But I understand your tips and it will help me to make choices, thanks.

The discussion could be also extend to dealing with a certain number of times the same abstraction. In other programming languages, we use arrays/vectors of objects, it is very clear and powerful. May be the new [clone] could be a good way to implement those features into my patches.

Do you know if the performances are the same (wireless and with the first inlet of clone) ?

--
Jérôme Abel
http://jeromeabel.net