[PD] plans for Pd 0.48

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 5 16:45:15 CET 2017

On 2017-01-01 21:32, Miller Puckette wrote:
>  I can take on a larger list of smaller changes.
> The major changes I want to try to put in this release are as follows:

here's another one that emerged from my wishlist, after the few mentions
of [clone] in the last days:

add a method to clone to change the number of instances.
i understand that this is not a realtime operation, but a use-case could
look like:
- at startup, run a profiling patch estimating the CPU power of the machine.
- use that info to determine the number of voices my synth can handle today.

or:
- specify the number voices via a startup flag (to my script, which
passes the voice-number to Pd via "-send num_voices ${VOICES}", which
passes the voice-number to [clone])

fgmasdr
IOhannes