[PD] dumping array content, pitched down, to a new array without using metronome?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 5 23:49:28 CET 2017

On 01/05/2017 10:26 PM, Esa Ruoho wrote:
> after numerous mistakes, i was able to (i think) get this to work somehow.
> i'm not sure if foo = plom, but i put tabread4~ and array size as plom (as

yes.
i think my patch has only two magic values:
- "foo" is the table name
- "0.0166666666" is the playback speed.

> that's the original material). i am able to now feed the phasor~ playback
> speed into the [/ 0.016666] -2nd port, and if i tap on start, and wait a
> while and tap on stop, i get a type of sound.

the idea is to just click on "bang" (at the top of my patch), and it
will simulatenously start playback and recording and then stop recording
once the table has been played back.

> it's not in the same pitch as
> what i'm hearing, so what i hear isn't quite what i get, but it's

this is most likely because the samplerate settings of your patch, your
soundcard and/or the soundfile do not match.

> definitely a step in the right direction. i took a screenshot of what i
> ended up with, if that helps.
> http://imgur.com/a/Gu6bz

i would advise you to learn to use abstractions.

fgmdsa
IOhannes