[PD] Nonlocal shared symbol ?

Jérôme Abel abel.jerome at free.fr
Fri Jan 6 16:05:24 CET 2017

> a [text] (and get its first line from your abs)

Inside the main patch, I use [text] to read constant values from a textfile. Then I could store them in containers like [symbol], [float], [list] in each abstractions but it seems (for me) not flexible. It does not allow to open a patch or an abstraction which needs thoses values. I can reload the textfile when the patch is opened but I don't like this design : when I reload the textfile I trigger values into the 2 patches.

My way now is a [text] loader of the same textfile into my main patches, called once at the startup.

The [pv] object from cyclone is a good choice, thanks for the tip. It just needs to be created in a parent level.

> But if you only have to get its constant value (and not to modify it) then
> you could just call a shared abstraction in your abs, that would just send
> the symbol to an outlet?

Do you mean one [text] loader into each abstractions ?

--
Jérôme Abel
http://jeromeabel.net