[PD] declares in a new (sub)window

Antoine Rousseau antoine at metalu.net
Tue Jan 10 13:57:43 CET 2017

Actually currently the paths are searched as follows (for [declare -path]
paths):
- searchpaths declared locally in the abstraction* applied to the topmost
patch's directory*
- searchpaths declared in the containing abstraction* applied to the
topmost patch's directory*
- searchpaths declared in the grandparent abstraction* applied to the
topmost patch's directory*
- ...

I've proposed a patch that would search:
- searchpaths declared locally in the abstraction *applied to the
abstraction's directory then* to the topmost patch's directory
- searchpaths declared in the containing abstraction *applied to the
**containing
abstraction's directory then* to the topmost patch's directory
- searchpaths declared in the grandparent abstraction *applied to the
grandparent abstraction's directory then* to the topmost patch's directory
- ...

This would allow to harmlessly turn a top-level patch into an abstraction
(e.g located in another directory than caller's one), even if it uses
[declare]s.

Antoine Rousseau
  http://www.metalu.net <http://metalu.net> __
http://www.metaluachahuter.com/