[PD] plans for Pd 0.48

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Tue Jan 10 20:36:31 CET 2017

IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> On 01/10/2017 03:46 PM, oliver wrote:
>> IOhannes made a .tcl plugin that I'm using, that at least allows DND for
>> opening PD files when dropped onto the PD window. would be great to have
>> that natively, too.
>
> why?

you're right, the plugin itself is well working and easy to implement,
so actually no real need for a native thingy.

in general, i think that those little helpers (drag and drop features
etc.) would lower the bar for new people to dive into the great PD
world. a little convenience in the workflow doesn't hurt.

but i wanted to ask you anyway, if a slight modification of your code to
provide such a thing (dropping a soundfile onto a PD window and have
it's name output somewhere) would be a big deal or not.

i guess not, but i know i can't do it. at least not easily ;-)

best

oliver