[PD] Rotary controllers for finetuning data?

Esa Ruoho esaruoho at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 22:31:55 CET 2017

Hi, I've been scouring the net trying to figure out how to utilize a rotary
knob I have on my Faderfox UC4. I have gotten it to work like this:
twist-left = 127 twist-right = 1.

I'm trying to use it so that one is +1 and one is -1, endlessly, and to set
it to a low enough amount to be able to control the pitch of a phasor~ in
my patch. So Instead of it being +1, it'd be like +0.0001 and -0.0001, for
instance.
and this would affect a number that has already been stored in a.. float,
maybe?

I got this far, to separate the data:

ctlin 53

== 127]

moses 1]

- 1(

print

and
ctlin 53

== 1]

moses 1]

+ 1(

print

what I'm getting is "print: + 1" or "print: - 1". But I'm vague on how to
first use a 0-127 knob to set the main value, then affect that stored value
(inside a f, I guess?) with the +1/-1 so that it gets changed, and is
output to the phasor~.

Any ideas how to go about it?

--
---