[PD] Pure Data on a wrist watch

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sun Jan 15 11:32:20 CET 2017

Hi,

On 15/01/17 16:32, s p wrote:
> Great stuff Chris!!! What watch is that?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NO-1-D6-1GB-RAM-8GB-ROM-MTK6580-Quad-Core-1-63-Inch-Screen-Android-5/32674221424.html

Currently $90 USD (free shipping) but was available for $73 USD when I
bought it.

It is basically an Android phone crammed inside a wrist-watch
form-factor. It has an ARM CPU so it is able to run the PdDroidParty APK
without any recompilation.

It can run all of the usual Android apps like F-Droid, browser, etc.

The build quality is ok, but not that great. I accidentally tore one of
the straps off when I was trying to tighten them.

On the plus side this means we will now be able to play algorithmic rave
music from our wrist watches at the PdCon 2067 after-party inside a
hollowed out asteroid in the vicinity of 10 Hygiea.

See you there,

Chris.

--
http://mccormick.cx/