[PD] [line] discontinuity

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 16 09:46:53 CET 2017

On 2017-01-15 22:58, Miller Puckette wrote:
> I can't understand what is wrong... if you 'stop' a line~ and then later
> give it a new target, it ramps form the position it had stoped at.  I think
> this is the most reasonable behavior.  Or is it doing something different
> somehow?

it starts from the original position, rather than the current one.

that is:
if i stop a [0, 1 1000( after 999ms, the current position is something
like 0.999.
however, if i then send it a [0 1000( i will start from 0 (does
effectively not doing anything, as it ramps from 0 to 0)!

i would have expected it to start from 0.999 (or somewhere close to) and
ramp down.

fgasdmr
IOhannes