[PD] repackaging externals on Deken

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 23 13:16:26 CET 2017

On 2017-01-23 05:00, Liam Goodacre wrote:
> What would be involved in forking an external

I don't think there is any good fool-proof, one-click solution.

but i do think that forking the source code for the sake of distributing
is the worst solution.

i would probably:
- specify the requirements in the README
- bundle my library without any dependencies.
- as an *alternative*, bundle my library with a current version of the
3rd-party dependencies in a subfolder of the project.
- use [declare -path ...] to make these libraries usable within my
patches (but make them overridable from outside).

katja is correct that there might be unexpected behaviour if the user
installed other versions of your bundled libraries.
but i think that in practice this might turn out to be not such a big
issue ("let's cross the bridge when we are there").

fgamsdr
IOhannes