[PD] Purr Data rc4

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 17:15:23 CET 2017

>>Yes, as of “refactoring” I propose starting with the simpler straigth forward option that you can devise.

>As of “careful consideration” I think first there must be a starting point.

>Is it too soon for opening the internet socket?
>For evaluating potential?
>It will ease tests.
You can open up access to the network in nw.js by removing the following line from nw/package.json:"chromium-args": "--proxy-server=http://127.0.0.1",

If you remove that line then the GUI will make some network requests to Google for various
reasons.  Some of the requests are security-related, and I'm unwilling to set various flags in any
attempt to keep the GUI from talking to Google while leaving net access open.
It's either:a) default Purr Data behavior of no net access in or out for the GUI frontendb) remove that line and talk to Google at startup (and possibly at other times)
-Jonathan