[PD] Purr Data rc4

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 02:31:58 CET 2017

>>> “ds-slider.pd” is cool, also it can easly be shaped to a circle instead of square, and so on, the new [draw] is cool, but:

>>> how do you send values to [ds-slider]?

>>Where are the values coming from?

> Some saved presets in a list, [text], [coll] …,  eventually if not possible is ok anyway for other purpose.
There are three ways to do this:1) Screwing around with pointers.  I have a [canvasinfo] object that can be used
to abstract away the ugliness.  That way the user can just type a send-symbol.  I
can give you an example if you want.2) Using indices in a ds-array.  Fairly ugly, and not very usable for building simple
graphical interfaces.3) Using the "canvas" field and putting the [text], [coll], [adc~], etc. *inside* the
scalar.  The is pretty nifty, except for the fact that I just fixed a crasher with it.

-Jonathan