[PD] [coll] bug

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 17:14:38 CET 2017

If you just need the common thread callback function and a mutex, you can do that with the Windows API. It’s not too difficult.

See the old thread implementation used by OpenFrameworks which uses both pthread & win api, depending on the platform:

ofxThread.h <https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/blob/6e7d325ec6f0046f281498797748da173a84aa7e/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofThread.h>
ofxThread.cpp <https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/blob/6e7d325ec6f0046f281498797748da173a84aa7e/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofThread.cpp>

Then you wouldn’t need to require win-pthreads32 or similar compatibility library when building.

> On Jan 29, 2017, at 9:43 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> From: Derek Kwan <derek.x.kwan at gmail.com <mailto:derek.x.kwan at gmail.com>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] [coll] bug
> Date: January 29, 2017 at 8:49:56 PM MST
> To: Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com <mailto:porres at gmail.com>>
> Cc: "pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>" <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
>

> On Jan 29, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
>> yeah, derek was talking about our current development, where we screwed up
>> with the order of bangs in the unthreaded - but fixed now.
>>
>> Derek, would you care to elaborate why you think unthreaded should be the
>> default?
>>

> I had some concerns with pthreads and Windows compat but it looks like
> those aren't issues (? I don't have much experience with Windows dev) so
> I think I would be fine either way.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>