[PD] Purr Data rc4

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 22:29:23 CET 2017

> Some stuff to continue something that I think is rather closed:

>>> But why I got it to work?
>>Do you have a screenshot of this?  AFAICT nw.js quite literally doesn't ship the code to do tab-based browsing.

> The tab is just a new window, place an:<a href="http://www.w3schools.com/" target="_blank"> ljhglajsdhgfa </a>
to your pd_canvas.html.
Right.

>>> I think there's something strange with locality, I also couldn`t save things with devtools.

>> Currently I save everything through the Pd interface.

> Any tips, why I cant?
I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to save, or how you are trying to do it.

>>> Can html also be injected via a magic “document.get&transform” javascript command?

>> I don't understand what you mean here.

>Since the patch is a DOM we can place/display content via a Javascript, but I`m a total newbie on this.
That's right.  There is a javascript interface "pdgui.js" that does exactly this.

>>> Pd patches are not re-sizable so why should the <div> or html should.

>> I don't understand this, either.  Pd patches are absolutely resizable.

> Yes but no, [objects] dont change-position/adapt to changes on the window size, and that is fine.
Right.  But adding hooks to allow the easy loading of html files is a lot of work.  If the requirement
is that the content loaded must be absolutely positioned on top of a Pd patch then I'm not sure
there are enough benefits to outweigh the work involved.

-----
> Some stuff that get trapped by my own censorship yesterday:

> Apparently there are some restrictions to an <iframe> inside a DOM.
> We cant load another html. Normal href to another html dont work within that <iframe>,
> But
> Internal links to the same html ( <a href="#some-id"> ) work. And this can be useful for giving lots of text or remote content in a scrollable small area of a patch. Also working inside iframe are <a href .. target="_blank">, it opens on a new window.
> But, yes, [pddp] already gave links in a browser.
Right.  I think there are already enough externals for fairly simple links/graphics that it can
probably fulfill a lot of what users need.
-Jonathan