[PD] test audio signals: Are there <~ and >~ objects?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 6 13:45:25 CET 2017

On 2017-02-06 13:34, Peter P. wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> this seems to be easy but I can't figure it out:
>
> How can I test an audio signal to lie within a certain range, or just if
> it is bigger or smaller than a reference value, and receive the result
> as an audio signal as well? Are there <~ an >~ objects or equivalents?

- [expr~ $v1>0.5]
- zexy's [>~]
- iirc cyclone provides them too

> I am having problems search the mailing list archive at
> https://lists.puredata.info/search?
> as its search engine gives all sorts of answers which seem unrelated.

i gues that "~" is a special character;
and (both square and angle) brackets are probably so common (for
unrelated things, like email quoting and list header) that you only find
garbage.

however, here's a hint: the default search interface uses "match any
search term", whereas you probably want "match all".

farm
IOhannes