[PD] message to pd to get used absractions/externals of a patch?

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 6 20:46:55 CET 2017

On 02/06/2017 05:50 PM, bensonlist wrote:
> the reason for this is, i just started to use pdparty on an ipad (very successfully). And just for now, i transferred only the used abstractions to the ipad. but i use more and more of them... and i'm not sure if it is a clever idea to transfer the complete libraries because of concerns about the memory on an ipad. Are my concerns redundant?

as mentioned by baptiste, your concerns are indeed most likely ungrounded.
since you are on iPad, you cannot use any externals (as in: compiled,
binray objects) anyhow (this is a limitation of iOS), which leaves you
only with abstractions (plain text files), which are usually *very* small.

about finding them:
start Pd with "-nostdpath -noprefs", so Pd will not pre-load any
libraries and won't have any search paths.
all objects that "couldn't create" are non-builtins.

gfmrds
IOhannes