[PD] Purr Data released!

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 17:38:46 CET 2017

> i think Purr Data is just Pd-l2ork 2.0 (and cross platform)

That's exactly right.
Versioning and Naming:We added a version number specifically related to pd-l2ork.
Purr Data is versioned "2.0", and the original Pd-l2ork is "1.0".
We left the original versioning API with a major version of "0",
because changing that apparently breaks some externals.
Building:
It's really difficult to change the naming (or anything, for that
matter) in a complex build system.
If you are on Ubuntu and want to install Purr Data alongside
the 1.0 pd-l2ork version, you can use Albert Graef's PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~dr-graef/+archive/ubuntu/pd-l2ork.xenial
I'm not (yet) using his build script for the Ubuntu CI builds.  Sorry,
that's an oversight on my part.

-Jonathan