[PD] cross platforms issues with displaying fonts in vanilla but not in Purr Data

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 10 23:42:38 CET 2017

Hi Alex,

>I just hoped we could make vanilla laod the same fonts in all platforms and that patches would all look the same as in Purr Data, what's preventing it from happening?

To put it fast and dirty but not incorrect:

Purr Data uses web-browser technology to do the GUI. Basically a Chrome browser. That’s why you see that fonts are rendered the same across Oss.

Check NW.js:
https://nwjs.io/

On the other hand, it sounds that you are saying that if a vanilla patch does not look as how you see it in your Mac is “bad”.

Vanilla is not shipping “deja vu sans mono”,
Can you give screen-shots with this font installed on your Mac?
May be your patches render the same as Linux & Windows.

And remember the startup flags:

-font-size <n>     -- specify default font size in points
-font-face <name>  -- specify default font
-font-weight <name>-- specify default font weight (normal or bold)