[PD] cross platforms issues with displaying fonts in vanilla but not in Purr Data

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 11 01:33:56 CET 2017

Totally,

I got your point, that’s why  I’m asking for those screen-shoots.

As Jonathan said, Purr Data uses a CSS trick which allows browsers to load Fonts overriding the OS. (the fonts are not installed on the system). This is relatively new, before that there was a limited amount of safe web fonts.

Vanilla atm is not installing fonts on the OS afaik. And traditionally, fonts that are not installed on the Os are not available to the Apps.

Don’t get me wrong, we are on the same side & I`m telling a couple of things that I know.

On Windows there’s another monospace font that is shippped since Vista.

Try “Consolas”,  <----Case-sensitive. (-font-weight normal).