[PD] cross platforms issues with displaying fonts in vanilla but not in Purr Data

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 01:39:12 CET 2017

> Hi Alex,
>
> *>I just hoped we could make vanilla laod the same fonts in all platforms
> and that patches would all look the same as in Purr Data, what's preventing
> it from happening?*
>

> To put it fast and dirty but not incorrect:
>
> Purr Data uses web-browser technology to do the GUI. Basically a Chrome
> browser. That’s why you see that fonts are rendered the same across Oss.

guess I wasn't very clear, I wasn't asking something like "why is purr data
different and how does it work", I'm really just saying that they "got it
right"

> Then I kept testing, did check Pd-Extended, which I think didn't have any
> similar issues

And like I said here, it seems that Pd Extended also did get it right in
providing the same visual consistency (I can recheck it). Now, Extended
didn't use web technology, so it's not like that is the only way to get it,
I don't think so.

But I know that I actually know nothing, so that's why I ask in clear
laymen's terms what's the deal here.

So, before anything, it's just a request and wish that this issue is
handled somehow.

cheers