[PD] cross platforms issues with displaying fonts in vanilla but not in Purr Data

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 00:40:57 CET 2017

> Yes:
>
> Apparently the cross-plataform issue is because OSX only handle fonts with
> no spaces in its name.

not at all, this is not in the account of OSX... I can use DejaVu Sans Mono
in all other softwares but Pd Vanilla, so this is in Pd's account, sorry...

and, also, purr data loads dejavu sans in Mac OS

well... not sure if something important was clear enough, let me say again,
in windows, Pd Extended came and loaded DejaVu Sans Mono!

So, check it out... vanilla in windows complained for the lack of DejaVu
Sans Mono, then I installed Extended and it was using DejaVu, so I reopen
Vanilla and now it finds it.

This to me makes it seem it's totally possible for Pd to ship and load
fonts accordingly, but that's not all...

In Extended, the font still looks ok and nice, it doesn't corrupt the
visuals in the patch, it's only in vanilla that things get screwed up

here, let me show you 2 print screens, a patch in Extended that looks a lot
like the Mac Os version with Monaco, that looks also reasonably the same as
Purr Data in every platform, and how vanilla in windows with dejavu sans
got screwy... in the same way as in linux...